About Us: At RJ Logistics we are looking for ambitious, personable, result-driven professionals who continue to grow on a day-to-day basis. RJ Logistics provides customized transportation solutions throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. We are committed to being the industry leader and our success is built upon the foundation of customer service, lasting relationships, and a healthy culture.
Job Summary: The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for invoicing and receiving funds accurately and in accordance with company, customer and vendor terms.
- Prepare and send invoices with corresponding proof of delivery and rate sheet.
- Processing account receivables and incoming payments by inputting customer remittance by check or ACH payment and preparing deposits for banking institutions.
- Firmly, but with courtesy notify customers of payments beyond terms by sending invoice reminders and communicating with customers by email and phone.
- Communicate with Fleet Coordinators and Customer Service Managers to obtain paperwork, acquire information and note any changes to ensure the most up to date information when receiving funds from customers or paying carriers.
- Identify discrepancies and resolve customer billing issues
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Google spreadsheets or any other reporting assigned must be updated in a timely manner.
- Manage email and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work in high-pressure and fast-paced situations.
- Adhere to policies and procedures by keeping pricing and other information pertaining to customer rates confidential.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Partner with other members of the accounting team to address all accounting issues and/or opportunities to ensure timely processing.
- Assists in key decisions pertaining to meeting customers invoicing needs
- Provides recommendations to management pertaining to accounting, scope of services, technology, or any other aspect of the job that may contribute to the overall growth and success of the company
- Participate in meetings as required
- Interaction with multiple departments as required
- Perform additional tasks as requested by management
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Some Reporting & Analysis
Education, Experience, Other Training:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a telephone and computer
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Problem resolution and analytical ability
- Creative thinking
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Ability to work independently and as a team
*RJ Logistics is an equal opportunity employer