Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Summary: The Customer Service Coordinator is responsible for the day to day large influx of emails, watching customer load boards and market research for all rates. Bidding and securing loads for RJ Logistics.
- Your focus will be phone and email opportunities. Quoting customers and receive freight through email and web bidding on load boards for all freight that will maximize revenue and rate per mile which meets company standards.
- Knowledgeable of pricing and market conditions, your main objective is to book freight, add revenue, and provide a quality input to Load Planning that align with current market conditions. You must meet or exceed margin levels.
- Manage email and web bidding in a timely manner.
- Cold calling and other sales related tasks to grow customer base.
- Utilize in-house carrier (RJ Logistics) whenever possible to assist w/ driver’s mileage goals and to maximize overall company profit.
- Manage and maintain relationships with customers to solidify repeat customer usage.
- Evaluate alternatives to make the best overall decisions based on financial metrics, service requirements, freight needs, economic factors, customer relations, and driver availability.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work in high-pressure and fast-paced situations.
- Adhere to policies and procedures by keeping pricing and other information pertaining to customer rates confidential.
- Partner with other members of the Operations Team to address all operational issues and/or opportunities to hit target revenue and efficiency goals.
- Assists in decisions pertaining to Web Bidding and all aspects of Customer Service.
- Provides recommendations to management pertaining to operations, safety, scope of services, technology, or any other aspect of the job that may contribute to the overall growth and success of the company.
- Participate in meetings as required
- Interaction with multiple departments as required
- Perform additional tasks as requested by management
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Some Reporting & Analysis
- Update customer websites as required
Education, Experience, Other Training:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a telephone and computer
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Problem resolution and analytical ability
- Creative thinking
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Physical Demands / Workplace Setting:
- Must be physically able to:
- Sit & stand for extended periods of time
- Use hands/fingers to effectively operate computer system
- Reach with hands/arms
- Communicate clearly
- Have clear vision up to 20’
- Have ability to adjust visual focus
*RJ Logistics is an equal opportunity employer