Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Summary: The Load Planning Coordinator is responsible for the day to day Dispatching and Planning, of RJ Logistics’ Drivers, and Carrier Partners Trucks, and Trailers.
- Your main objective is to match asset trucks or partner carriers, add revenue, and provide a quality input to Tracking Coordinators. You must have knowledge of pricing and market conditions.
- Confirm that each driver has an adequate understanding of all customer and company expectations on each load at the point of dispatch including but not limited to; Pickup and delivery times, securement requirements, check call requirements, hours of service regulations.
- Monitoring drivers in relation to their remaining hours of service as to their availability.
- You must calculate transit times, allowing for on time P/U and Delivery, providing a quality input to Tracking. Making sure to provide drivers and partner carriers with all the necessary info (PU address, DEL address, customer reference number, pcs wt. dims, directions if necessary, weather conditions, ready times, protect times, safety requirements, etc.)
- Address any and all issues that arise during the dispatch process with supervisor as well as operations team in order to meet and/or exceed customers’ expectations.
- Knowing of all your drivers and equipment locations at all times from check calls and GPS tracking sites.
- Be able to identify and evaluate any special needs or requirements for each load.
- Updating customer websites in a timely manner to ensure customer metrics are up to date and RJ Logistics does not receive service failures.
- Dispatch software needs to be updated throughout the day as the dispatch process happens. Accurate data must be entered to ensure proper tracking of equipment, driver pay accuracy, and invoice accuracy.
- PCS, Shared Drive, & Microsoft 365 One Drive or any other reporting assigned must be updated in a timely manner.
- Manage email and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work in high-pressure and fast-paced situations.
- Build positive relationships with drivers to best maximize retention levels, increase on-time delivery percentages, and achieve top-tier customer service.
- Resolve all driver conflicts, problems and requests with respect to matters such as home time, pay, equipment maintenance, load assignments, and safety.
- Adhere to policies and procedures by keeping pricing and other information pertaining to customer rates confidential.
- Owner operator rates will be based on management’s discretion. In no circumstance will a driver have access to customer rates or access to rate confirmation sheets. Their dispatch and pay information will come via text or phone conversation once that information is determined.
- Be accessible to drivers and operations after normal business hours on an “as needed basis” to conduct business and service drivers and customers.
- Partner with other members of the Operations Team to address all operational issues and/or opportunities to hit target revenue and efficiency goals.
- Assists in key decisions pertaining to Customer Service, Planning, and Driver Relations.
- Provides recommendations to management pertaining to operations, safety, scope of services, technology, or any other aspect of the job that may contribute to the overall growth and success of the company
- Participate in meetings as required
- Interaction with multiple departments as required
- Perform additional tasks as requested by management
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Some Reporting & Analysis
- Update customer websites as required
Education, Experience, Other Training:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a telephone and computer
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Problem resolution and analytical ability
- Creative thinking
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Physical Demands / Workplace Setting:
- Must be physically able to:
- Sit & stand for extended periods of time
- Use hands/fingers to effectively operate computer system
- Reach with hands/arms
- Communicate clearly
- Have clear vision up to 20’
- Have ability to adjust visual focus
*RJ Logistics is an equal opportunity employer