Job Description for National Sales Executive
Scope of Position:
The primary function of this role is to support and accelerate company-wide revenue growth and profitability through successfully executing and acquiring customers in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Primary duties include Qualifying, prospecting, targeting, and closing leads, generating, and submitting RFPs / RFQs and related sales documents, collaborating with the stakeholders to analyze and prepare budgets allocated per project, forecast revenue, and align to the overall company strategy; Implementing a sales plan to drive revenue growth and attending key events to generate leads.
The successful candidate will be energetic, persuasive and well organized, and able to demonstrate the ability to sell.
Define the appropriate sales strategies collaborating with marketing, and operations to maximize sales and profitability.
This is a key position to the organization which requires not only flawless execution but also coaching the operations team to build and maintain healthy relationships with customers, shippers, customs brokers, carriers, and consignees.
The Project Sales Director is accountable for driving and executing our T&I process in order to meet and exceed all customer expectations and goals with superior financial results.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive revenue growth and business development for all products and services
- Support to Account management through leadership and mentoring
- Executive sponsorship of accounts
- Conduct business reviews as needed
- Prepares financial statements and analysis per project
- Collaboration with Marketing to attract business
- Oversees budget reports, preparation of budgets, and analysis of budgets
- Forecasts and plans according to company strategy
- Does not operate but ensures flawless execution and profitability
- Transition & Implementation
- Leads employee participation in identifying business process enhancements
- Ensures that the team has a clear understanding of expectations (both strategic and operational)
- Establishes internal and customer-driven KPI’s
- Participates in service issue escalations with customers
- Promote a positive and trusting relationship (Internal and External)
- Develop compliance reports by issuing and reviewing service failures
- Provide assistance in resolution of claims and disputes, credit and collections
Qualifications and Requirements – Skills, Experience, and Education:
- 7 years experience working in supply chain management, logistics or related field
- A strong set of leadership skills including talent management, verbal and written communication, collaboration and coaching.
- Relationship building
- Data-driven and organizational mindset
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with training or relevant experience in supply chain management, logistics and trade compliance
- Understand routing and effective modes of transportation
- In-depth knowledge of USCMX operations (Supply Chain and Compliance)
- Ability to create/write and articulate business plans at an executive level
- Knowledge of required operating systems as well as Excel, Visio, process mapping, access
- Demonstrated customer service skills and proven interpersonal skills