About Us: At RJ Logistics we are looking for ambitious, personable, result-driven professionals who continue to grow on a day-to-day basis. RJ Logistics provides customized transportation solutions throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. We are committed to being the industry leader and our success is built upon the foundation of customer service, lasting relationships, and a healthy culture.
Job Summary: The Payroll Specialist is responsible for maintaining all essential employee documentation, entering new hires and processing the bi-weekly payroll.
- Respond to the driver and office employees regarding payroll issues or concerns.
- Collecting, entering and reimbursing expenses for employees.
- Assist in any HR-related question or concern.
- Prepare new employee packet and enter employees into ADP Payroll software.
- Managing health insurance by collecting paperwork, enter into Payroll software, monitor any changes for new, current and terminated employees and forwarding relevant information to insurance agent.
- Ensuring overtime, weekend shifts, call-outs and time and attendance are paid accordingly.
- Paying company drivers by determining to pay by either miles, hourly or percentage of load revenue.
- Processing a bi-weekly payroll including sending a settlement to drivers before running payroll to make changes as needed.
- Auditing all loads and correct errors or notify dispatchers before running payroll.
- Monitor paid leave and track leave balances to determine if paid or unpaid leave.
- Communicate effectively with drivers address any questions or misunderstandings.
- Be able to identify and evaluate any special needs or requirements for each load.
- Google spreadsheets or any other reporting assigned must be updated in a timely manner.
- Manage email and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work in high-pressure and fast-paced situations.
- Build positive relationships with drivers to best maximize retention levels and achieve top-tier customer service.
- Resolve all driver conflicts, problems, and requests with respect to matters such as layover, detention, reimbursements, load pay, advances, and damages.
- Adhere to policies and procedures by keeping pricing and other information pertaining to customer rates confidential.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Partner with other members of the Accounting and Operations Team to address all payroll issues and/or opportunities to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists in key decisions pertaining to Accounting, Planning, and Driver Relations
- Provides recommendations to management pertaining to operations, safety, scope of services, technology, or any other aspect of the job that may contribute to the overall growth and success of the company
- Participate in meetings as required
- Interaction with multiple departments as required
- Perform additional tasks as requested by management
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Some Reporting & Analysis
- Update customer websites as required
Education, Experience, Other Training:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a telephone and computer
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Problem resolution and analytical ability
- Creative thinking
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Ability to work independently and as a team
*RJ Logistics is an equal employer opportunity