Position Title: Pricing Analyst
Reports To: Carrier Sales Manager
Job Summary: The Pricing Analyst role is responsible for developing sustainable rates and creating pricing solutions that are both consistent with the company’s corporate goals and meet operational needs to grow the business.
- Create pricing solutions for new business opportunities, utilizing financial models and optimization tools.
- Effectively manage a high volume of requests.
- Update and maintain accurate quotations in the rate software application.
- Analyze customer data to develop an understanding of their shipment profile and service requirements.
- Develop efficient distribution solutions considering carrier partner network capabilities.
- Coordinate as part of a cross-functional operations team on tactical projects.
- Maintain customer and vendor pricing system.
- Assist with research and analysis of data in support of management decisions.
- Participate in continuous improvement training.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Analyze customer RFPs, pricing projects, and benchmarking opportunities.
- Forecast trends within North American supply chain markets.
- Communicate with sales professionals and senior management to develop customer-specific pricing strategies.
- Participate in meetings as required
- Interaction with multiple departments as required
- Perform additional tasks as requested by management
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Understanding planning, shipping, warehouse management, and inventory systems
- Managing daily routes/schedules of shipments and deliveries
Education, Experience, Other Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in the logistics/transportation industry.
- Previous pricing experience.
- Previous database experience.
- Knowledge of market trends and recognizing appropriate market adjustments when needed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain structure and organization.
- Goal-driven and highly self-motivated.
Physical Demands / Workplace Setting:
- Must be physically able to:
- Sit & stand for extended periods of time
- Use hands/fingers to effectively operate a computer system
- Reach with hands/arms
- Communicate clearly
- Have clear vision up to 20’
- Have the ability to adjust visual focus
This does not constitute a binding contract. Employment with RJ Logistics, LLC is voluntarily entered into, and the employee is free to resign at will at any time, with or without cause. Similarly, RJ Logistics, LLC may terminate the employment relationship at will at any time, with or without notice or cause, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law. Employee recognizes and agrees that job descriptions are not an exhaustive list of employee duties and responsibilities. All employee duties and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Management without prior notification to the employee.